Sixth Form Information May 2013
- Medicine or Dentistry applicants. You are required to take the UK Clinical Aptitude Test (UKCAT) this summer. Miss Challis has a list of locations and dates. See www.ukcat.ac.uk
- Please ensure you collect a letter about the Higher Education Convention (18th June) and return the slip by 10th May 2013.
- Open days: Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh- 5th September & 5th October. Aston University, Birmingham- 18th June, 18th September & 19th October. Bradford University- 5th July, 6th July, 11th October & 12th October. University of Reading- 21st/22nd June, 21st September & 26th October. Newcastle University- 28th/29th June & 28th September. York University- 3rd July & 24th September.
- See Miss Challis for more information following the assembly from Hull City A.F.C. sport & educational trust residential school action project this summer. Includes Kayaking, abseiling, Karting, paintballing and creating a volunteering project. Only £50!
- UNIVERSUM- Get a BA Degree in Business and Management taught entirely in English but study in Kosovo and South East Europe. The final year of the degree will be in London. See Miss Challis or see www.universum-ks.org for more info.
- FREE Social Sciences Summer School for y12 pupils – University of Sheffield. A residential event allowing you the opportunity to experience a sample of subjects, sports events, fun evening activities and team building tasks, introducing you to university life and all it can offer! See Miss Challis for more info.
- Deadline for student finance: 30th May 2013.
- It’s time to fill in your YEARBOOK entry. Ask any tutor, Miss Challis, Mrs Mayfield, Mrs Walters or your head boy/girl team for details. Time is running out!
- Showcase 2013 open auditions. ‘Guys and Dolls’ audition- Friday 10th May, 12:45 in the Drama Studio. If you want to take part in the showcase but did not attend the open auditions, see Mrs Wedgwood or Mrs Hughes. You will still be considered.
- ICT Apprenticeship advertised to work within the ICT department at Waltham House, Beverley. Closing date 17th May. Interviews on 23rd May. For more information and application forms see Miss Challis or email firstname.lastname@example.org