Beverley Grammar School expects all its students to look smart and to adhere to its code of dress. We rely on parents and carers to support us in ensuring that students are appropriately dressed for school. Please ensure all clothing is clearly marked with your child’s name. It is the only way we can ensure lost property is returned to your child.
The school uniform for Years 7-11 consists of the items listed below. We cannot accept any variations on this uniform.
- A black v-necked jumper bearing the school logo*
- A white shirt
- Beverley Grammar School tie*
- Black school trousers (not skinny fit)
- Black shoes or trainers (these must be fully black)
- Jackets and Hoodies used as a coat must have a full zip
*The black v-neck jumper, BGS tie and rugby shirt are only available from our supplier, Rawcliffes. Please order direct online, or visit their Hull store.
- Black shorts
- Plain white short-sleeved t-shirt
- Black reversible rugby shirt*
- Black football socks
Rugby shirts with the BGS logo are available from our supplier, Rawcliffes, on the above link.
We do not permit:
- Any form of jewellery including piercings (even under sticking plaster).
- Hoodies or tops without a full zip
Students can wear:
- A watch
- A plain black hat (whilst outside only)
- A plain black belt